Saturday, January 21, 2017

SAWS update

I had initially placed a sign on my front lawn in order to express solidarity with my fellow Native American's and to help raise awareness about the NODAPL issue that was being ignored by most major media.Last month as trouble escalated what with the arrival of many heavily armoured police and thousands of veterans went to stand in the gap as peace keepers and protectors of the women,the problem has not resolved. I had hoped that an alternate route would have been found,perhaps still across Sioux land but staying clear of the water ways.Since,that body of water is their source of drinking water.
Clean potable drinking Water is a precious resource that so many of us take for granted.My tribe,the DineBiNatsool/Navajo to this day most on the reservation do not have potable water on tap,like you and I.
I took my sign down in an effort to de- escalate the conflict in hopes that with the new administration the aforementioned resolution route would be utilized and prevent further violence. Simply putting up a sign has cost me some as well,as I get gauged on my water bill with SAWS.
Yes,my leige, it happened again.Please contact me,my leige,classified trouble has escalated.

No comments:

Post a Comment