Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bicycles &environment

Sometimes people wonder why is it that I ride my bicycle so much being that I do own a light duty truck.well,you may not believe me when I tell you,but I kinda feel like I found the fountain of youth on two wheels. Really I do.it makes me feel like I don't have a problem to worry about.running does that as well,it makes me feel alive.
Why should that matter?simple, I have epilepsy and although the incidents of SUDEP are rare,if not for the ACE EMT crew in that ambulance on that fateful day years ago,I would not be here.I beat the widow maker in that ambulance with a shot of epinephrine to my heart.and thanks to being a runner ,I was just treated and released from the ER.otherwise the seizure would have killed me.
As for the environment, well I care about having clean air and avoiding an extra tax on emissions testing. So,if you want to avoid the tax,feel young again,save money,or lose weight and have fun while your at it,hop on that bicycle. Just make it a regular trip,whether its to the library, Starbucks,job at rackspace or Target - they have bike racks,do it.the more of us that do so,the cleaner air we will have,and avoid the emissions testing tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment